Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Program
Located in the rolling hills of Birmingham, Alabama, The Highlands is a treatment center of excellence specifically designed to meet the unique needs of individuals with eating disorders. The Highlands Program is an intensive day treatment program developed as an alternative to residential treatment with an integrated IOP component to provide a continuum of care as clients progress through the stages of recovery. The Highlands’ team is a cohesive multidisciplinary team that is committed to providing the best care possible for our clients.
Our goal is to provide active treatment from a multi-disciplinary perspective. We will:
- Provide a safe and secure healing environment with intensive group therapy and frequent individual therapy.
- Provide a continuum of care in a structured environment that allows for progression in recovery.
- Utilize staff that is trained in the latest evidence-based treatments for eating disorders.
- Assist the client in identifying the contributing factors to the development of his/her eating disorder symptoms, while acknowledging the functional role of the eating disorder.
- Promote family healing as part of the recovery process, including family interventions aimed at identifying the impact of the eating disorder on the family, restoring fractured relationships, and building healthy connections.
For more information please contact:
The Highlands’ Intake Coordinator Ashley Blackwell at
Toll Free: 855-559-7611 | Local: 205-552-0417
Or Visit www.thehighlandstc.com
The Highlands Treatment Center for Eating Disorders
2807 Greystone Commercial Blvd Suite 36
Birmingham, AL 35242