Castlewood offers a Partial Hospitalization Program or Day Treatment Program in St. Louis, MO, Monterey, CA and Birmingham, AL. The program is available on either a 5- or 7-day basis depending on the client's treatment goals and needs. Clients can admit directly into this program, as long as overnight supervision is not needed to meet treatment goals. This program is available for up to 12 hours a day! In St. Louis this program is held at our Day Treatment House on the campus of Castlewood II. This flexible program allows clients to work, attend school or be at home with their family in the evenings. Clients work with their treatment team to create a schedule that makes sense based on treatment and life goals.
Castlewood's Partial Hospitalization Program provides truly transformative treatment in an intimate setting. We incorporate life skills development while helping clients get to the root of their eating disorders. ~ Rebecca Baker, LPC-Program Director
Our Day Treatment program is open to clients who require more than intensive outpatient treatment, but who may be able to meet their treatment goals without a residential stay or overnight supervision. Castlewood offers transitional living and transportation for this level of care at an additional cost.
Meet our Team of Experts
Castlewood's Partial Hospitalization Program is facilitated by a team of experts in the treatment of Eating Disorders, and led by Rebecca Baker, M.Ed, LPC. Meet the PHP Team >>
Rebecca Baker - PHP Program Director
Ms. Baker obtained her Bachelors of Arts from University of Missouri in psychology with a minor in sociology. She went on to pursue her Masters of Education in Counseling and Family therapy from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. Ms. Baker is a licensed professional counselor who has worked at Castlewood Treatment Center since 2008. Ms. Baker has completed level I training in Internal Family Systems model of therapy and has completed training in EMDR. Ms. Baker incorporates cognitive behavioral therapies, Internal Family Systems, experiential therapies and family therapy in her work at Castlewood. Ms. Baker has held several roles at Castlewood including Direct Care Staff, Intake Counselor, Utilization Review Specialist, Primary Therapist and Assistant Program Director. She is currently the Program Director of the Castlewood Partial Hospitalization Program.
I have been to different treatment facilities in my past. I wish I would have sought this one out first. Castlewood has been extremely beneficial and beyond my expectations in my road to recovery. Wonderful place and phenominal staff! ~ MD, Castlewood PHP Alumnus
Clients will receive the following:
- Housing in our transitional living house or apartments.
- 3 individual sessions with his or her primary therapist per week if in programming 7 days per week, 2 individual sessions per week for 5 programming days.
- A weekly individual session with our psychiatrist.
- 1-2 weekly individual session with our dietitian who also eats meals with clients.
- Adjunctive individual sessions for chemical dependency or anxiety / OCD exposure and response prevention work.
- Up to 12 hours of programming per day.
- A small therapeutic community.
- Levels of care that allow for increasing autonomy with continuing support.
- Excellent aftercare programming, including our alumni follow-up program.
- Individualized weekly treatment plan.
- Daily monitored weight and vitals signs.
- 2-3 staff supported meals and post meal processing.
- Staff supported snacks as deemed by your individualized meal plan.
- Family Therapy and participation in our Family Week.
Day Treatment is often the treatment of choice when a program of intensive outpatient care has not been adequate in assisting the client to reach and/or maintain treatment goals. Day Treatment may also be an option for those without Residential Treatment insurance benefits.
This place is the best! It teaches everything in moderation concerning caffeine which is something no treatment has provided in the past. I felt very safe and comfortable with both of my treatment teams and am glad I was able to work with them. ~ S.B., Castlewood PHP Alumnus
For more information about our Day Treatment Program please contact us at Castlewood Treatment Center.