Castlewood offers a Partial Hospitalization Program or Day Treatment Program in St. Louis, MO, Monterey, CA and Birmingham, AL. Our Day Treatment program is open to clients who require more than intensive outpatient treatment, but who may be able to meet their treatment goals without a residential stay or overnight supervision. Castlewood provides transitional living for this level of care at an additional cost.
The program is available on either a 5- or 7-day basis depending on the client's treatment goals and needs. Clients can admit directly into this program, as long as overnight supervision is not needed to meet treatment goals. In St. Louis this program is held at our Day Treatment House on the campus of Castlewood II. This flexible program allows clients to work, attend school or be at home with their family in the evenings. Clients work with their treatment team to create a schedule that makes sense based on treatment and life goals. Clients will receive the following:
- Housing in our transitional living house or apartments.
- 3 individual sessions with his or her primary therapist per week if in programming 7 days per week, 2 individual sessions per week for 5 programming days.
- A weekly individual session with our psychiatrist.
- A weekly individual session with his or her dietitian who also eats meals with clients.
- Up to 12 hours of programming per day.
- A small, well-chosen therapeutic community.
- Levels of care that allow for increasing autonomy with continuing support.
- Excellent aftercare programming, including our alumni follow-up program.
- Adjunctive individual sessions for anxiety / OCD exposure and response prevention work.
- Individualized weekly treatment plan.
- Daily monitored weight and vitals signs.
- 2-3 staff supported meals and post meal processing.
- Staff supported snacks as deemed by your individualized meal plan.
- Weekend outings with staff.
- Family Therapy and participation in our Family Week.
Day Treatment is often the treatment of choice when a program of intensive outpatient care has not been adequate in assisting the client to reach and/or maintain treatment goals. Day Treatment may also be an option for those without Residential Treatment insurance benefits.
For more information about our Day Treatment Program please contact us at Castlewood Treatment Center.