Nationally Recognized & Licenced Binge Disorder Eating HelpCastlewood’s team of experts provides effective binge eating help that meets or exceeds national standards. Castlewood Treatment Center has been awarded The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, as well as certification by CARF. Clients at Castlewood receive help for binge eating from a personal team made up of a primary therapists, a licensed dietitian, and Castlewood’s staff psychiatrist. This primary team develops a customized binge eating disorder care plan that best meets the unique constellation of symptoms and issues of the client. Castlewood believes in a trusting relationship between clients and their treatment team, and an approach that treats the whole person, not just the eating disorder symptoms.
Binge Eating Disorder HelpOver 5% of the general population of the United States have some degree of binge eating disorder (BED) that requires treatment. Help for binge eating, in order to be effective, should be provided by experts with experience in the complex underlying issues of individuals with BED. Being eating help focuses beyond food and weight, to the emotions, stressors, and past traumatic events that may be expressed through the binge eating behaviors. In addition, clients with BED work closely with their primary dietitian to develop eating strategies and an effective meal plan to normalize weight during treatment. Therapy is provided by experts, including these approaches:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Attachment-Based Psychotherapy
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Schema Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Drama Therapy
- Dance/Movement Therapy
- Coping skills development and practice
Structure and Intensity of Binge Eating Disorder Help at CastlewoodCastlewood is proud to offer these levels of care for binge eating help. Each has a particular level of structure and intensity, but all are client-centered and integrate family support and treatment.
- Residential Care-for BED clients who require close monitoring and support 24 hours a day, with living accommodations located in Castlewood’s treatment facilities.
- Day Treatment-our Day Treatment for clients with binge eating disorders provides intensive treatment, but is appropriate for clients who may be able to meet their treatment goals without a residential stay or overnight supervision. Castlewood provides transitional living for this level of care at no additional cost. Clients may admit directly into this level of care without completing a Residential or Inpatient program.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)-a level of care that continues intensive nutrition and clinical therapy, but with fewer sessions during the week, and while living off-campus. This level of care for BED clients is appropriate for those who require more intensive therapy than can be provided in a general outpatient setting.