At Castlewood, we understand the anxiety involved in choosing to seek treatment for your eating disorder. It takes great courage to reach out for support. This makes it essential that when you do reach out for help you are greeted with compassion and understanding. For more information about Admission to Castlewood please contact us at 877.628.1193 or fill out the form to the right.
Questions to ask when evaluating a treatment facility
In order to help you make your decision, we have provided a list of questions to ask when evaluating a treatment facility.
- Do they offer a complete continuum of care, so you’re not just taken from being under professional care to suddenly being sent home, all on your own?
- Do they have dietitians who develop unique programs, well-suited to each individual client?
- Do they offer individual attention as well as group therapy?
- Do they work with families one-on-one as opposed to just group inter-action, and do they deal with the unique needs of each family?
- Do they offer behavioral therapies for obsessive/compulsive disorders.
- What are the adjunctive therapies offered to help clients operate in the world?
- What’s the environment like? Is it a brick building in a hospital, or is it more of a home-like, healing environment?
- How many years has your therapist been working in the field of eating disorders?
- Has the facility retained its Core Staff?
- Do they treat only eating disorder clients? Or are eating disorder clients mixed in with other clients that are receiving treatment for other things?
- Do they provide a treatment “program”? Or a treatment “track”?
- Do clients eat in a cafeteria? Or are specialized foods prepared for eating disorder clients?