Why Choose Castlewood
Castlewood is located in a tranquil environment just 25 minutes from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport in St. Louis, Missouri. In addition to state-of-the-art care, our facilities are a testimony to the healing power of nature’s ever-renewing beauty. We also offer a number of distinct advantages rarely found in other programs.
We individualize care
We treat the underlying issues associated with the Eating Disorder, not just the symptoms. Each client collaborates with their treatment team to create a treatment plan with unique goals, objectives, assignments and interventions. We provide specific treatment and treatment approaches for the eating disorder, as well as co-occurring disorders, whether you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety disorder, major depression, multiple addictions, Trauma/PTSD, or other conditions.
Each Client Receives:
- A minimum of 4 individual therapy sessions weekly
- 1 individual dietitian session weekly
- 1 individual psychiatrist session weekly
- Additional adjunctive therapy sessions for anxiety, chemical dependency, trauma or other needs.
More Care, More Commitment, More Lasting Recovery
Our highly trained and nationally recognized staff specializes in the areas of:
- Nutrition & Medical Complications of Eating Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Body image and Body Dysmorphia
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma & Sexual Abuse
- Chemical Dependency
- Sexual Addiction
- Psychodrama, Drama Therapy, Art Therapy and Dance/ Movement Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Cognitive behavioral therapies
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure and Response Prevention
We utilize a comprehensive treatment approach
Our treatment philosophy integrates multiple evidence- based and innovative modalities which are tailored to the unique needs of each client.
We provide care even after you leave Residential Treatment
We have found that most clients need time to practice the skills learned in our Residential Program. To improve success rates, we began a Stepdown Program that allows clients the freedom to practice rebounding from the inevitable slips, while continuing in group and individual therapy. We provide free transitional living to clients participating in this program. Clients receive support from peers, implement relapse prevention plans and continue with customized, individual therapy, all while learning new skills in this life launching program. After discharge, our Alumni Relations staff will then contact you monthly for 6 months post-discharge to follow up and monitor your progress.
We encourage family involvement
We schedule an intensive experiential Family Week every 6-8 weeks. Clients invite all interested family members to 3 days of group and individualized treatment. We also schedule additional individualized family therapy, and couples therapy with spouses, between each Family Week.
In This Section
- About Our Eating Disorder Treatment Center
- Castlewood Press Releases
- Share Your Story Sweepstakes
- HIPAA Compliance
- Accreditation & Affiliations
- ADA Compliance
- Seeking Treatment
- Executive Staff
- Notice of Privacy Practice
- Eating Disorder Treatment Resources
- In The News
- Why Choose Castlewood