Eating Disorder Advocacy
We are Committed to Fighting for YOU!
At Castlewood, we believe that everyone should have access to comprehensive and quality treatment for an eating disorder and co-occurring mental health disorders. We as an organization are relentlessly dedicated to individual and collective responsibility, unconditional advocacy, and innovative excellence leading to transformation in the lives of our clients. We listen to our clients, their families and our alumni. We know how difficult it can be to access and afford quality care. This is why we are dedicated to advocacy efforts across the country. Just like you, our staff are fighting every day to increase access to care, increase lengths of stay, educate the public and increase funding for eating disorder research.
Our efforts are aimed at:
- Legislative Change
We believe that lasting recovery is possible and we will go above and beyond to fight for you and your family!
Below are some of the advocacy efforts with which Castlewood is involved:
- Regional education and awareness events at high schools, middle schools, and universities
- Project Heal's Scholarship Program
- National Eating Disorder Association Walks
- Lobby efforts at the state and federal level
- Participation in EDC Lobby Days as well as REDC Lobby Days
- Awareness and education guest blog posts for Recovery Warriors, NAMED, ED Hope, Recovery Connections
- Partnering with insurance companies on educational initiative for reviewers
- Completing our own research and Treatment Outcome Study
- Awareness and education infographics, blog posts and social media campaigns
We proudly support through our sponsorship funds and participation: