Referring ProfessionalAt Castlewood, we understand that as a professional you need a quality treatment center to refer clients who require a higher level of care for eating disorders and co-occurring issues. At Castlewood, we provide comprehensive treatment that addresses the underlying causes of the Eating Disorder. With more than 15 years of experience treating eating disorders and co-occurring disorders, Castlewood has found the following to be important components of an effective treatment program:
- Assessing psychiatric co-morbidity including OCD, Social Anxiety, Body Dysmorphia, co-addiction, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and dissociation.
- Looking for the deeper function of the symptoms. There are good reasons each client develops an eating disorder. We don’t “get rid of” the eating disorder, but instead help integrate a stronger self that no longer requires the illusion of control that comes from engagement in the eating disorder.
- Working with pertinent family dynamics, addressing burdens the family carries inter-generationally that manifest themselves in: over-control, over-indulgent enmeshment, engulfment, or other addictive and secretive dynamics. Often, we need to have the entire family in for intensive work.
- Keeping a strong focus on food-related behavior and establishing control over out of control behavior, but not as part of a “good girl” over-compliancy dynamic but rather with a “real self,” honest and non-reactive dynamic.
- Building a powerful relationship with the primary therapist and dietitian that allows for sufficient trust to assist clients in incrementally letting go of the eating disorder.