At Castlewood, we understand that as a professional you need a quality treatment center to refer clients who require a higher level of care for eating disorders and co-occurring issues. At Castlewood, we provide comprehensive treatment that addresses the underlying causes of the Eating Disorder.
With more than 30 years of experience treating trauma and eating disorders, our clinical co-directors have found the following to be important components of an effective treatment program:
- Assessing psychiatric co-morbidity including OCD, Social Anxiety, Body Dysmorphia, co-addiction, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and dissociation.
- Looking for the deeper function of the symptoms. There are good reasons each client develops an eating disorder. We don’t “get rid of” the eating disorder, but instead help integrate a stronger self that no longer requires the illusion of control that comes from engagement in the eating disorder.
- Working with pertinent family dynamics, addressing burdens the family carries inter-generationally that manifest themselves in: over-control, over-indulgent enmeshment, engulfment, or other addictive and secretive dynamics. Often, we need to have the entire family in for intensive work.
- Keeping a strong focus on food-related behavior and establishing control over out of control behavior, but not as part of a “good girl” over-compliancy dynamic but rather with a “real self,” honest and non-reactive dynamic.
- Building a powerful relationship with the primary therapist and nutritionist that allows for sufficient trust to assist clients in incrementally letting go of the eating disorder.
Referring a Client
It is Castlewood’s philosophy that the outpatient team should be integrated into the admission and discharge process. Our intake staff will walk you and your client through the entire admissions process, and gather all the necessary clinical information to inform our treatment team. Our therapists and treatment team will involve the referring therapist or treatment team in the entire treatment and recovery process. Let us know how you would like to be kept updated on your client’s treatment progress and we will provide you with the clinical information. As we move closer to discharge and reintegration into your outpatient practice, Castlewood will contact you for effective discharge planning.
If you are interested in referring a client to Castlewood, please contact us either via the contact form, via email, or by calling 877.628.1207.
Castlewood offers trainings and seminars throughout the year for our referring clinicians. These on-site weekends allow clinicians to tour our facility, get to know our staff, as well as learn about the treatment modalities and philosophies utilized at Castlewood. Castlewood staff also lecture at various regional and national conferences throughout the year. If you are interested in attending one of our trainings or another conference, please visit our upcoming conferences section of the website or email us below.
To learn more about how Castlewood might be able to help your clients, please fill out the form to the right and a member of our staff will contact you shortly.
In This Section
- About Our Eating Disorder Treatment Center
- Share Your Story Sweepstakes
- HIPAA Compliance
- Accreditation & Affiliations
- ADA Compliance
- Seeking Treatment
- Executive Staff
- Notice of Privacy Practice
- Eating Disorder Treatment Resources
- In The News
- Why Choose Castlewood