Inspired Acceptance: 5 Women Who Boldly Embrace Their Body ImageAt times, the media can portray an unrealistic and even unattainable body image. Fortunately, there are a handful of celebrities who encourage us to embrace our body image, regardless of our body type. These five celebrities are proud of their bodies, and are encouraging everyone to accept their figures.
- Mindy Kaling Television actress Mindy Kaling does not strive for perfection, at least not when it comes to her body. She believes that the human body in imperfect, and that being perfect is a goal no one should strive for. In an interview with Vogue, she commented, "I'm constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don't beat myself up over it." In a television interview with Jimmy Kimmel, she reminded the world that average-sized women do take care of themselves and care about their image.
- Tina Fey Writer and actress Tina Fey is known for more than just her sense of humor. She is also known for her beauty. She has been featured on several magazine covers, but does not try to reach the standards of today's "ideal" version of beauty. In fact, she's constantly reminding the public that the standards of beauty set by the media is unrealistic. In the book Bossypants, Fey writes, "Do your thing and don't care if they like it."
- Rebel Wilson Actress Rebel Wilson sums up her views on body image with a sweet and short statement. She says, "Just be happy and hopefully healthy." Embracing your body no matter what is a message she strongly enforces.
- Melissa McCarthy Melissa McCarthy is larger than most actresses you may know, but she is happy with who she is. In response to a negative comment from the media, she stated that she "is in a happy spot" and pities people who insult others because of their size.
- Lena Dunham Exuding confidence on screen, Lena Dunham embraces her curves. She has done countless scenes requiring nudity and does so proudly. She reminds people that there are many versions of beauty.